All services and information made available to users via the UNI Insurance website are covered by the terms and conditions described below. By entering and using this site, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
UNI Insurance reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without advance notice. In such cases, it may post change notices directly on the site or may insert links to such change notices.
Any use of the masculine gender at uniinsurance.ca is for the sole purpose of brevity and is in no way intended to be discriminatory.
This site is governed by the laws of the province of New Brunswick and the applicable federal laws, irrespective of the principles of conflict of laws or jurisdiction.
Any litigation, dispute or claim of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use of this site shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the province of New Brunswick. By using this site, users consequently agree that the courts of the province of New Brunswick have exclusive jurisdiction in any suit, action or proceeding stemming from the use of this Web site.
The information on this site is intended to be used only in Canada, in provinces where the mentioned products and services can legally be offered for sale or made available, and is not intended for use or sale in locations where such use is not permitted under local laws.
- Description of services
- Protection of personal information
- Protection of children
- Restrictions on use of content
- Links to external websites
- Access to site
- Statement: information and advice
- Site modifications
- Intellectual property
- Limitation of liability
- Copyrights and trademarks
1. Description of services
UNI Insurance currently provides users with a wide selection of products and services. These include communication tools (uniinsurance.ca), and general and personal insurance products and services available on its service network (collectively "the Service").
You alone are responsible for paying the costs associated with use of the Service, such as Internet connection charges or fees charged for connecting to networks that provide access to Internet content. As well, you are responsible for acquiring any equipment needed for such connections.
2. Protection of personal information
We are keenly aware of the need to protect your security and privacy, particularly in regards to any information you provide to us while making use of the Service.
Please refer to the site's Confidentiality statement for details about our practices in this area.
3. Protection of children
We are concerned about protecting children who use this site.
We invite parents to monitor their children's Internet usage and to bear in mind that the services provided via the site are designed to appeal to a broad audience. Therefore, as the legal guardians of their children, parents are responsible for determining which services may or may not be appropriate for their children and monitoring their use in this regard.
4. Restrictions on use of content
It is prohibited to reproduce by any means whatsoever the information, data, text, software, music, sounds, photos, images, videos, communications and other materials available on this site (collectively "Content").
More specifically, it is prohibited to:
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate content transmitted through the site;
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that contains computer viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software, computer, application or telecommunications equipment (this list may include other elements without limitation);
- interfere with, disrupt, or make abusive use of the site, or servers or networks connected to the site, or refuse to comply with any requirements, procedures, general regulations or regulatory provisions applicable to networks connected to the site;
- violate, intentionally or otherwise, any national or international law or regulation in effect;
- collect and store personal information relating to other users;
- sell, resell or operate on any commercial basis whatsoever any portion of the site or any use of the site or access privileges associated with the site.
5. Links to external websites
The site or third parties may include links to other websites or other Internet sources. Since we have no control over these external sites and sources, we are not responsible for their availability, nor can we assume any responsibility for the content, links, advertising, products, services or other materials made available by or through such external sites or sources. Furthermore, we are not liable for any loss or damage, caused or alleged to be caused by, or arising in connection with, the use of or reliance on content, products and services made available on these external sites or sources.
Consequently, it is up to you to exercise discretion in your use of such content. Similarly, you are responsible for assuming all inherent risks, particularly when you rely on the timeliness, usefulness or completeness of the content made available on or through the external sites or sources referred to by the site.
Links leading to software download sites are provided for your convenience; we are not liable for any difficulty arising from the download of any such software applications.
Linking to other sites is not a representation that these external sites endorse us or our products and services.
6. Access to site
We are solely and entirely responsible for, but not limited to, the information conveyed in the pages of our Internet site.
7. Statement: information and advice
The site is provided to you for information purposes only. Therefore, content disseminated on the site is not intended to be used in conducting transactions or making insurance decisions. We will not assume any responsibility for the Content or the accuracy of all or part of any information transmitted in connection with the site. Similarly, we shall not be responsible for orders or decisions based on such information.
8. Site modifications
We reserve the right at any time to change, temporarily suspend or terminate the site, in whole or in part, without informing you in advance. In no event shall we be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or termination of the site.
9. Intellectual property
The site and any software or applications used in connection with the site ("Software and Applications") may contain confidential information protected by existing intellectual property laws or other legislation.
Content included in advertising and information made available to you as part of the site is protected by the laws applicable to copyright, trademarks and patents and by any other rights set forth in existing legislation.
The site is protected by copyright legislation as a collective work or compilation as defined in Canadian and foreign laws.
Except as expressly authorized by us, it is strictly prohibited to:
- copy, alter, rent, borrow, sell, distribute or create derivative works based in whole or in part on the Service or related Software and Applications;
- reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to locate the source code (except as provided for by law) or to sell, assign, sub-license or transfer in any way the rights attached to the Software and Applications;
- modify the Software and Applications in any way or to use modified versions of the Software and Applications in order to gain unauthorized access to the site or for other purposes not limited to this;
- access the site by any means other than the interface we provided to you for this purpose; or
- We do not warrant that:
- the site will operate without interruption or error or in a secure and timely manner;
- results obtained by using the site will be accurate and reliable;
- the quality of any product, service, information or other materials purchased or obtained by you in connection with the site will meet your expectations;
- defects in the Software and Applications, if any, will be rectified.
- You alone shall be responsible for any damage sustained by your computer or any loss of data that may result when downloading material.
11. Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent possible pursuant to applicable law, we shall in no way be liable for any direct or indirect damage, including, without limitation, the loss of profits, customers or data, or other loss of intangible assets, even if we were advised of the possibility of such damage, that may arise:
- from the use or inability to use the site;
- following unauthorized access to the site by a user or following a change in your transmissions or your database;
- from the actions or conduct of a third party in the course of using the site; or
- from the loss or theft of a user's mobile devices and/or smartwatches.
12. Copyrights and trademarks
All information on this site is protected by copyright. Users may only copy its contents for their own personal use. No one may redistribute, reproduce, republish, store in any medium, retransmit, or modify the information on this site for commercial purposes without our written authorization or make public use thereof without crediting the source.
All trademarks and logos (including certain names, words, titles, drawings, illustrations and icons) appearing on the site are registered trademarks belonging to us or for which we have usage agreements. Any use of these trademarks is strictly forbidden without the owner's written authorization. Any unauthorized downloading, retransmission or other copying or modification of trademarks and/or site content may be a violation of federal or other laws applying to trademarks and/or copyright and could subject the copier to legal action.